Friday, April 2, 2010

Paging Dr Drew....

I wonder how Dr. Drew would feel about me going to the store to buy some ingredients for Chili tonight. I know Im trying to overcome my addiction to the store but I gotta eat and so does my husband.  Tonight just feels like it should be a Chili night so I figure why not make chili.This makes me think, what would Ghandi do? Maybe I should make a bracelet with the letters..WWGD? To make up for this, I'm going to purge myself of all of the junk and trinkets in the house. I think  that should settle the score.

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients ( serving of four)

  • 13 ounces ground beef
  • 3/4 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3/4 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 3/8 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 3/4 medium onions, chopped
  • 3/8 green pepper, chopped
  • 3/4 clove garlic, minced
  • 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese
I'm serving Corn bread and sweet tea on the said. Can we say MMMM?

In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired.
Anyway BABY  is waking up..gotta go.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

mmmmm! this sounds good... I'll have to remember this for fall. (ha! like I'll remember this recipe when fall comes around.) Invite me over next time you make this!