Hello! It's been a while, yea I know but so many things have been going on making blogging a low priority. Lately I've been struggling with my identity of mother. I feel like I lost myself with that last push on December 20th. I'm no longer the feisty incredibly sexy Sasha, instead I'm Baron's mom or Brandon's wife. Suddenly my needs are placed on the back burner and my world revolves around them. Instead of my husband asking me how my day was, he says "how's Baron?" The same thing being asked by my mother on a daily basis via the telephone. The only variation to "How's Baron?"
is "What's for dinner?".
How do I find peace you may ask? I hide in the bathroom. I sometimes sit there until my legs are numb and I have to grab on to a towel rack for assistance getting up. It's the only place I'm safe from my son who lacks the ability to sit independently much less look for me. My husband usually assumes I'm having stomach problems and stays clear giving me15 minutes of bliss . Oh course retail therapy works and oh boy would Gandhi be disappointed. Since I have yet to regain my confidence to buy clothes, my new hobby is to immerse myself in plants. I know it's a hobby that seems harmless but when you add up five buck here and ten dollars there, you've spent over fifty dollars on something that's purely for aesthetics. My house also looks like a greenhouse now due to this obsession of buying plants!
My question is how do I balance the needs of my family and my own? Will I ever be that person I thought to be feisty mamacita again or am I destined to mom jeans and a minivan forever?
**Note: yesterday I got out for a bit and bought 5 new plants, one being an Orchard.
I really need help people.
is "What's for dinner?".
How do I find peace you may ask? I hide in the bathroom. I sometimes sit there until my legs are numb and I have to grab on to a towel rack for assistance getting up. It's the only place I'm safe from my son who lacks the ability to sit independently much less look for me. My husband usually assumes I'm having stomach problems and stays clear giving me15 minutes of bliss . Oh course retail therapy works and oh boy would Gandhi be disappointed. Since I have yet to regain my confidence to buy clothes, my new hobby is to immerse myself in plants. I know it's a hobby that seems harmless but when you add up five buck here and ten dollars there, you've spent over fifty dollars on something that's purely for aesthetics. My house also looks like a greenhouse now due to this obsession of buying plants!
My question is how do I balance the needs of my family and my own? Will I ever be that person I thought to be feisty mamacita again or am I destined to mom jeans and a minivan forever?
**Note: yesterday I got out for a bit and bought 5 new plants, one being an Orchard.
I really need help people.
1 comment:
Well "sexy mamacita", take pride in knowing that you are supplying your family with an abundant supply of oxygen.
Post a Comment