Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome to motherhood


Its been a while since I've posted something new on here and I'm sorry. I'm a new mom and while I think I have everything covered, I still get easily distracted with the free time my son does allot me. Anyway, my topic for today will be about being a new mother. Its harder than it looks. I always took little things for granted such as being to leave the house to go to the store at a drop of a dime. Now if I want to leave and go to the store, I have to pack like I'm going on a three day vacation. Your confidence also goes down when you become a first time mom. Not that I was ever a person that said F*uk the world, but I was also never one to agree with the masses either. Now it seems like I fall victim to the advice of every old woman that crosses my path. I have to hear things like he has the hiccups because he is growing to he has it because I burped him improperly. I had one woman said she noticed his head was swollen and for me to contact the doctor immediately. He was only 1 week old and I was so scared so I called my doctor on a Saturday and had to explain that a woman with no medical background notice my son had swelling on the brain. I went to the doctor that monday and everything was fine and I was left feeling like a fool.


I know it seems like I'm complain and please don't get me wrong, I love being a mother. To know that I have the power to shape a human being is the greatest gift of all. I love being woken up to my son talking away in his bassinet. And everytime I get stressed and feel defeated, he shoots me one of those wonderful smiles that makes me feel like everything is A-OK!

No comments: